For those who actually read this (thanks?) you may have wondered where I ran off to. I’m alive and well, don’t worry– transitioning to college has been a lot more interesting than I had anticipated it to be.
I’ve been spending most of my time in classes, studying, eating, sleeping, studying some more, eating more and wishing I can get more sleep (amongst making a couple of poor life decisions here and there but that’s besides the point). I can’t say it’s been eventful, but it also has. So much has changed in these past few months– this past one especially– and although it’s extremely overwhelming, it’s a lot of fun.
And to celebrate bring a college student for just over a month, I decided to share some of my advice and life hacks because I think I have gained so much knowledge in the past 5 weeks to feel entitled and obligated to share my words of wisdom. (while being in the comforts of my own freezing dorm room.. I swear I live in a freezer)
- If you’re too lazy to wash dishes, just rinse your dishes with very hot water. It basically does the same thing as soap, but just a lot more efficient for those who are as lazy as I am.
- Talk to people. Not only is it good to network, but if you don’t talk and act sociable, people will think you’re a) unlikable b) antisocial c) not friendly or d) a, b & c. We don’t want that, now don’t we?
- Dining hall food isn’t the greatest but it gets the job done. Need I say more?
- You are also going to run out of milk and that is going to be a sad day.
- Snapchat all the cool things you’re doing in college to make sure people know you’re having an amazing time in college, despite learning about how the laws of demand affect people’s everyday consumer choices on the daily.
- Guys will hit on you.
- You will crush on guys.
- You will find guys who you think are so magically perfect until you find out that they have a girlfriend and then they’re broken beyond belief.
- You will also find guys who think you are so magically perfect and then they find out you are not interested and then you’re broken beyond belief.
- You don’t need to work out anymore because your entire campus is either full of stairs or very hilly so walking 5-10 minutes to class is basically a cardio workout. (Leg day is never skipped)
Now, if you excuse me, I’m going to eat my salad so that I can feel a little better about my poor dietary choices. (FRESHMAN 15 IS REAL)